Tuesday, May 27, 2014

And just remember, NEVER eat squid!

Konnichiwa! 
What a week!
This week we went on SPLITS! I was able to go out and work with Sister Hawkins, a Sister Training Leader that we live with. She was sick, and was supposed to stay inside all day....but we were going crazy, so we instead went and worked all day. Oops! Don't tell President! But we feel ok about it because we took a break and took some really cool pictures in a wheat field. We exchanged nap time for memory time! and the very first person we contacted turned into a NEW INVESTIGATOR!! If that wasn't Heavenly Father telling us we needed to work, I don't know what is! She is a members mother-in-law. We meant to visit the member, but she wasn't home. We extended an invitation to hear the lessons, and she said yes! She is 91, and SO genki! (I dont know how to explain the translation of genki, uhmm happy, healthy, spunky, GENKI!)
We also got to go to Nagasaki for a zone conference! It was so cool! We got to ride the bullet train for two hours. What a glorious nap I took! hahah Nagasaki is full of hills, so they have a trolley system kind of like San Fran, so we got to ride the trolley, that was fun! Afterwards, we ate at a sushi place, where the convier belt brings you the sushi you order. That was fun!
This might be too much information for some, and mom if you feel like you want to take it out you can, BUT. In Japan they have two types of toilets. A "western" toilet which is like normal toilets. and "Japanese" style toilets that are just little squatters in the ground. The news of the week, is that I used a squatter for the first time! The Japanese compaion is rubbing off on me! It was surprisingly satisfying. That's all I will say, but know that I am embracing the culture more and more!
Our English class in Kurume is SO FUN! There are about 8 old people that come. a BIG difference from Fukuoka where we had about 40 students, and three levels. But everyone here is pretty much fluent, so we just talk and joke and some students will type essays and have us correct them. I think they are all over 60, the oldest is 80, we call him our "godfather" he's the cutest. They gave me a Japaense name: Reika. So they all call me Reika chan, and Sister Hawkins Miyuki chan. hahah it is so fun!
There are TONS and tons of wheat fields here in Kurume! At first, I thought they were rice and was really confused as to why the rice looked like wheat, but then a member told us it IS wheat, so I didnt feel so dumb. But there are so many, and it is SO PRETTY! It is nice to be in more of the country!! So pretty and not as stressful! Plus, a ward member took us to a rose garden. it was SO PRETTY! They had transported roses from ALL over the world! It was way cool! You know my obsession with flowers. I think I took enough pictures to open a rose gallery! haha
Taylor and Megan's wedding sounded SO PRETTY! I am so sad I missed it, but it sounded like a fairytale! I can't beileve Taylor did it, he got married! I am so proud! hahah Have a good week! And just remember, NEVER eat squid. I have eatten enough squid this past week to last a lifetime. and it is GROSS. DONT DO IT! I love you!!
xoxo,

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment