Monday, May 5, 2014

our miracle investigator!

Monday, May 5, 2014
This week was so fun!! Yesterday we WENT TO THE ZOO with...
Christina, Sister Lyles, me Sister Jeffrey at the ZOO!

shopping carts in japan-the wheels turn any
direction smoothly!  You put a green cart on
the counter, they price them and put them in a
yellow cart and then you take them and bag them
yourself with bags you pay for or bring yourself.

With Sister Coles-Tibi Willard's cousin!
These little blue guys were every where at the station!



our miracle investigator!!! So on Sunday, a former investigator, Christina from Nepal just showed up at church!! She said she felt like she should come to church and ASKED to be taught again! What? Flake Shimai taught her with her previous companion, and she has been meeting with missionaries for over a year before the missionaries dropped her. She hasn't drank coffee since Flake Shimai taught her in October!!! So yesterday while Ito Shimai was in a training meeting, I went on splits with two sisters from the neighboring area, Nakagawa. We taught a lesson to their investigator ( a girl from Pennsylvania-ENGLISH!) and then met Christina at the Zoo! We have been wanting to go for quite sometime, but it is closed on P-days! It was so fun, we walked around, and the zoo even has botanical gardens, there were roses the size of my face! So cool! Anyways, Ito Shimai came, and the other sisters left and we had a lesson right there in the food area of the zoo. She has a lot of questions, and I was able to answer them since the lesson was in ENGLISH! It was magical. The lesson went so well! She wants to get baptized!! We are extending a date TOMORROW! Please pray for her!!
We also went on splits this week with the Sister Training Leaders. It was SO FUN! Guess what? One of my STL's is a PACKARD! She walked into our apartment and said "Do you know Tibi Packard?" I was like Tibi Willard? DO I? She is my best friend! I ran into my study room and showed her the picture of tibi that is hanging up on my wall! It was so great to get a Packard's hug! She is such a great missionary! Oh, and she is tall! That was weird. But I went on splits with Sister Nigh, a sister from CANADA! She is so sweet and I had so much fun tracting with her! I even extended TWO baptismal invites on the street! We met a lot of good people, got their numbers, got some peoples address. Great day. But the coolest thing happened. I saw the gift of tongues at work! So I approached a 20 something girl and introduced us, but while I was introducing us Sister Nigh got an important phone call, and had to bike away. So i was stuck there all by myself with a Japanese lady! What? She was Protestant, so she didn't want the BoM. But we were talking and then I realized, "shoot, Messer Shimai you have been speaking ENGLISH!! She can't understand English!" But then when I answered, it was Japanese coming out of my mouth!! It was weird. Granted, it was caveman Japanese, and I had no idea what we really were talking about...she started talking super speed and laughing and I was just agreeing "hai, hai (yes)" and she asked how long I had been in Japan I told her since New Years, and she said, in Japanese of course, "I have been learning English, I could have been speaking to you in English!" Are you kidding me??? hahahah But it was so fun, we talked for about 15 minutes and then Sister Nigh came over and we left. But Sister Nigh said, "What were you guys talking about? I looked over and you guys looked like best friends just laughing and she was resting her hand our your shoulder...how did you become such fast friends?" It was way cool. We gave her our number, but she hasn't called...we will see. But it was a great experience!
Today is transfer day! we should get our transfer all within a couple of hours! I know that I am getting a new companion. My guess is that I will stay in Fukuoka. They are making it into a 4-man again. So Ito Shimai gets a new missionary, and I will get a new companion we think! 
I like Ito shimai because she likes to shop. Last week we went to FOREVER21! Yes, out of all of the places we went to an American place, but it is so cheap! I bought a new skirt and two shirts for the humid summer! I was eating a corn dog, holding my forever21 bag and I realized i should embrace Japan a little more...hahaha But I figure all of the rice and the rice cheeks I have since grown, are evidence enough that I live in Japan!
I hope you have a great week, don't eat too much rice, it goes straight to the cheeks and double chin, TRUST ME!
I love you!!!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment