Monday, May 12, 2014

Good bye Fukuoka, Hello Kurume!

May 11, 2014

It was so nice to talk to you all this morning! That was so fun!! Weird to think I haven't talked to you in 6 months!! Crazy crazy. Yup, I left Fukuoka sad, sad day. When I got the transfer call, I could NOT believe it! I thought for sure I was staying in Fukuoka! Last p-day was filled with lots of packing and calling investigators and less active members I was working with! Michiko san took us out to lunch, and gave me a wallet (which she had put MONEY IN, that little sneaker!!) and took me shopping at a dollar store. She bought be a whole bunch of stickers, and little bag things and make up. She said, "I am your Japanese mother, you have to let me pay for it!" hahah I am going to miss her! She took good care of me! She used to work in Kurume, my new area! She would commute everyday for 4 years. It is only a 40 minute train ride! She says it is dangerous, but I don't believe her, it is the cutest little town!
Transfer day I was the first person in the whole mission to transfer! So the Ap's picked me up  at my apartment, and took me to the station. I bought my ticket and was on my own! i lugged my HUGE suitcases up THREE flights of stairs! I thought I was strong from riding a bike everyday. Sheesh it was hard. I got up to the platform, and realized, oh Sister Messer, You can't read kanji! So I had to ask somebody when the train to Kurume was. ON the train I realized, Oh Sister Messer, you can't read kanji! So every time the train stopped I would ask, "Is this Kurume?" and my suitcases were too big to sit next to me, so they had to stay by the door, but since my suitcases have 4 wheels, they would slide all around the cart and kept falling over. Finally a nice couple took pitty on me and helped me with my bags and told me when to get off! hahahah When I got off a nice man showed me to the elevator so I wouldn't have to carry them down the stairs!
Kurume is so nice! It is a lot more quiet, and local! It reminds me kind of like Cedar or St. George. My new companion is Sister Suzuki. She is from japan, she is 32 years old, and is just one transfer ahead of me! So we are learning together! Luckily, she speaks pretty good English! Phew. saved by the bell again. Last transfer was hard, but good. I am excited to see what this transfer has in store for me!
The members here are AMAZING! They always feed us and help us so much! It is about 40 members, about 30 are women! We are working with a less active family right now. Their son turns 8 in 3 weeks so we are working on  getting him baptized by June 1 and to have his dad baptize him! 
Well this computer keeps freezing on me, so I better go! I love you so much!! Have a great week! I am excited to see what miracles lie ahead this transfer! Ai shite imasu, yo!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment