Thursday, January 2, 2014

Week 6 at the MTC: December 14, 2013

Hey everyone!!
The weather here is crazy cold, luckily we just get herded from building to building so we don't have to spend much time outside! We love the overcast days because it's warmer! Oh, and no I didn't bring gloves, which I probably should have. A sweet kohai of mine let me borrow some of hers, but they're the kind that are missing the fingers, so at least my palms stay warm? hahah. 

 I am soooo excited to see Skyler Simmons!! I've seen Elder Pulsipher A LOT! It makes me so happy! I even got to sit by him at our Christmas Devotional and we got to talk for a bit, it's always fun talking to someone you knew before the mission! I think I've seen one of the Chandler twins once outside of a building, but I didn't get to talk to him. I don't get to see Sister Muns very much :( I've seen Alec Stump once, his class is just across the hall from mine, but he's in a different zone which means different schedules :( I had him meet my chorotachi so that they believed that Logandale was  real place haha. He gave me a handshake from dad :) I might be able to see Elder Nelson at devotionals, I hope I can! Ya the only time I see west campus is at devotionals with all of the missionaries, and when they come up the main campus for infield orientation, but I'll be gone by the time he does that in 6 weeks! 

You asked about my japanese characters, I usually write to you in hiragana, but I know katakana now too! Dad asked if it feels like Christmas in the MTC. NOPE it does not, I mean they have lights up in the courtyard, but they have ever since I got here. It's cold, and it's snowy but there are no Christmas trees or music or anything, maybe it will once it gets closer? Idk, it's in 10 days. But i'm excited! Rumor has it that 2 general authorities are coming on Christmas day, well Elder Cook told us that so I think he's a pretty reliable source haha. He came for our devotional on Tuesday. Him and his wife came and spoke to us, it was fun seeing them because I've talked to them! I LOVE Tuesday devotionals, I sing the the choir and somebody cool always comes and talks to us! 

Oh, you asked why I can't lead the music if I'm a STL, just because that would be 2 callings we have, and that would mean that other sisters in the branch wouldn't have callings. STL have a lot meetings, so it would stink if we'd have to do both! Oh, dad also asked about calling from the airport at stuff, haven't figured it out yet because we don't have our travel plans, but we should get them this week or next. I still need to buy a calling card from the bookstore! our daisenpai fly out of Oregon, so idk where we will be flying out of. 
So this week was good! It's nice knowing the how everything works and where everything is. It's weird that we're the oldest ones. Our daisenpai flew out last Sunday, it was SO SAD to say goodbye to them! We spent six weeks with them, and did everything with them, they're all going to Tokyo, so that sad. But it's ok because we got new kohai! We got 4 new sisters! As STL, we got to show them around campus and we go to all of their get-to-know you meetings. It's fun. One of our sisters came in with the international missionaries a day early, so we got to spend time with her. She's from the far away country of Missouri. We're still not sure why she flew in with the international missionaries haha.

This week we were just sitting in class learning Nihongo, when this guy came in telling us that it was our time to skype with some Japanese people. We were all just like, "huh?" We had to run to another building, and skype with some members in Japan. It was so scary, we didn't know about it so we didn't even get to plan anything for it! We got this sweet lady, probably in her 60's she was so cute, and nice. Since we were late we only had to give a 20 minute lesson, but we have another one on Monday for 40 minutes, I'm scared! Between the Nihongo and the broken connection it's pretty hard to understand them, but they're like the sweetest people ever so it's ok.  
We committed BOTH of our progressing investigators to baptism! It's about time, we're supposed to on the first lesson!!! When we asked one of our investigators to be baptized on the 30, he thought we said be baptized 30 times....hahah it was funny I couldn't stop laughing because all I could imagine is our teacher being dunked in the water thirty times hahah. I still giggle when I think about it. 
Not much happened this week at the MTC. The MTC is AMAZING! I LOVE IT!! The people here are the best people I've ever come in contact with, and the Spirit is always crazy stong. Nihongo is still crazy hard, but I'm not going to be fluent after just 6 weeks! I'm going to miss the MTC so much, especially my sensei's. They're amazing, and help me so much! BUT, I am excited to get out to Japan and start this crazy adventure. Even though at times it feels like I can't do this, I know the Lord knows I can, and He helps me everyday!! Thanks for all of the mail, the love, support, and prayers!!

Ai shite imasu!!!
 Messer Shimai

Oh and I found out on Christmas I will be able to email!! So I can on Saturday and Wednesday of that week!
Our cute daisenpai going to Tokyo, you have no idea how hard it was to get one of us all being serious, this is as good as it's going to get! hahah They're the greatest!
What sister missionaries are really like!

No comments:

Post a Comment