Friday, January 3, 2014

Week 7 at the MTC: December 21, 2013

Hey everyone!

Outside of the MTC
Ya, I feel like I haven't learned anything in the MTC, but then when I remember I didn't know any Japanese before I came, I realize I actually have learned a lot. The Japanese symbols are called hiragana or katakana. Names are in katakana, and then the other stuff is in hiragana. Ya, me and Cook Shimai are getting used to teaching lessons, it's still hard because I can't say much in Nihongo, but she is so amazing at Nihongo, she definitely has the gift of tongues. She can seriously read something once and have it memorized. it's crazy. I just can't wait until I'm in Japan and am forced to learn the language, ya know? 


Our Christmas tree and gifts



THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGES!!!! Cook Shimai and I always RUN to the mailroom when we get a package slip, and we sing and we dance, we love it!!  I'll try and start sending stuff home this week, as soon as the mailroom opens again. Keep your eyes open for a Christmas package!!  Man, I miss shopping for Christmas, and wrapping presents!
 I have NO IDEA about Christmas, we usually don't get the schedule until the night before, but I'll like email dad as soon as I get on so he can get it on his phone or something. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M MISSING CHRISMAS!! When I think about what I'm missing I get sad, but then it will make the Christmas in 2 years all the more joyous, especially since it'll be 4 years since we've been all together!!
 
WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS YESTERDAY!!! So we pretty much have the worst flight EVER. Our chorotachi get to Japan FIVE hours before us, but that means we'll have more time to sleep on the airplane and stuff!! So this is our schedule:
American Airlines flight 304 Salt Lake City 6:15 December 30
                            arrive in Dallas at 10:05
American Airlines flight 61 Dallas 11:40
                            arrive in Tokyo at 4:1 on December 31
Japan Airlines flight 3057 Tokyo 7:30
                            arrive in Fukuoka at 9:45 pm! 
So we have to go to the travel ofice at 2:30 am, so it is probably going to be the longest day of my life! But it's alright because I'm GOING TO JAPAN!!! ONLY 8 DAYS LEFT! It's so insane to think about! I'm sure hoping I can pick up the language in Japan, and that I have a companion that can speak both English and Japanese, that would be ideal. Pray for me! 
This week I got to HOST! There were 850 new missionaries that came in since this next week is Christmas, and they don't make anyone come in during Christmas. So it was crazy busy, I hosted I think 6 or 7 sisters. I NEVER got to greet them as they got out of the car, every time I went to the curb pick up a sister, an Elder would hand me his sister. (Since there were so many missionaries coming, there weren't enough sister hosts so an elder would have to start hosting her, but couldn't take her into residence or anything so he'd have to pass her onto a sister) But it was fun. While I was hosting I saw Sister Simmons I RAN TO HER and hugged her. That sweet pea started crying on me! I hugged her at least 4 times, I was so happy to see her!! I haven't seen her yet though :( I've only seen Elder Gollohan once, and I haven't seen Sister Swapp yet. But I'm hoping I can during devotionals. 

Cool story of the week, but kind of sad for us, mom. So every week for service we go clean the same building, so we have the same workers that help us. So I was talking to one of the girls about finals, cause she goes to BYU and she said she had to move out of her dorm the next night because they were knocking down her building, I asked her where she lived and she said Young Hall!! They're knocking down Young! But that's not it! She asked where I lived so I told her 246. SHE LIVES IN 246! I asked her what bedroom, SHE LIVES IN MY BEDROOM!!! But in Kaylee's bed. So I told her to go check the blind that I broke a fixed with wall tack, and she is checking for my name on the kitchen table, and she even found a dice that we made underneath the couch! we had been looking for that! hahah. It was so cool! HOLY SMALL WORLD! It was so cool! 

I needed to send this to you so you can see the essence of our room. Here you see Cook Shimai's bed, our Christmas tree, and Sticht Shimai. Whenever our sisters need to talk to us, they always sit right here and tell us their problems. Sticht just thinks we're cool so she comes in and watches us get ready for bed while she eats. She's super cool hahah. 
The fancy chiropractor's office
This week's devotional was given by Elder Rasband of the Presidency of the 70, and his wife so it was super good! He spoke about spiritual gifts, it was a really good talk! WE GOT TO ESCAPE THE MTC again!! Cook Shimai had to go to chiropractor so we drove down on University to some cute little buildings that looked sooo pretty in the snow! I'll attach some pictures we took. It was so nice to escape the campus, it was super fun! 

We picked up a new investigator, Harukawa san. So now we have three investigators, but since it's Christmas break, one of our sensei's left us, we'll only get to see him one more time :( it's so sad, I don't want to have to say goodbye to everyone here at the MTC! We had to say goodbye to one of our old zone resources, it was so sad because we loved him so much!  There are so many good people here at the MTC!! 
Well I'll try sending you pictures now, we decorated our cute little room!! Thanks for all of the letters, prayers, and support!!!! I'll be in Japan soon, and I'll email you on Wednesday!!

Ai shite imasu!!
Messer Shimai


No comments:

Post a Comment