Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Week 5 at the MTC: December 7, 2013

Hey Everyone!
OUR NAME BADGES CAME!!! 
This week was pretty good, it's crazy how fast the weeks go by! The biggest news of the week: We got a new companion! Her name is Nitta Shimai, she's 26 & from Hawaii, she came in two weeks ago and fast tracked so she actually flies out on Monday. I feel like the MTC just loves for me and Cook Shimai to get attached to people, and then they rip them away from us. It's ok, we're getting used to it by now haha. The second biggest news of the week: WE GOT TO ESCAPE FROM CAMPUS! WE DROVE TO THE MALL! So, one of our sisters vocal chords ripped, so as Sister Training Leaders (yes, we were called last week, so now I don't lead the music in sacrament!) we had to take her to the clinic while her companion was at infield orientation, so we got in the shuttle and there were Elders who had to go to the mall to get a medical bracelet fixed, so we talked the shuttle guy to take us with him. So we drove all through Provo to go to the mall! it was awesome, we didn't even get to get out of the shuttle, but we got to see civilization and it was great! then he drove us back to the clinic (which is literally across the street from the MTC, but it was so cold we didn't want to walk) and she realized she forgot her money so we had to flag down the shuttle go back, then drive back to the clinic, it was an adventure. So now we know the shuttle guy very well, and he's great. 

Dad, you asked what the hardest part about Nihongo was. For me, it's sentence structure, you can't understand what someone is saying unless you hear the verb which is at the end of the sentence. My sensei studied Chinese, and says that Nihongo is even harder because the sentence structure changes where as Chinese doesn't. And even though Chinese has tones, he got used to that! So, what I grasped from our conversation is Nihongo is the hardest language to learn. Who knew! There are only 4 level 4 languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, and Nihongo (which all just happen to be in the building I'm in) So maybe that helps you understand why I still don't know how to speak Nihongo haha. But the Lord will bless me! and he has, there is no way I would know as much as I do right now if I were just studying it at school! 

Our investigators are doing well, we've taught about the Word of Wisdom like 3 times now to our investigator that used to be a drug addict, we always plan a really good lesson but then he asks a question and the lesson goes right out the window, which is ok because we need to focus on his needs, not our lesson...Our other investigator is struggling because he thinks he needs more faith, but he doesn't! he doesn't see what we see, he has so much faith, so we just need to get him to realize that for himself! 

Me and Elder Pulsipher at the clinic! (you can kind of see Nitta shimai in the back, i'll have to get a better pic with her)
I got to talk to Elder Pulsipher!!! Both of our companions where getting shots, so we got to sit down and talk for like 15 minutes, it was great! it made me so happy!! Oh, and when we went to print out our emails, I ran into Sister Muns!!! It was so cool I was like walking down the hall reading my emails, look up and was like, oh hey it's Katie. OH, I'M AT THE MTC, THERE'S KATIE!! But I didn't get to take a picture :( Hopefully I can see her before I leave! It's always so fun to see people! 

We got our Nihongo name badges this week! Mine translates into "Mezza" Which, I don't understand why because to make the z's into z's you have to had little marks to an s...so it could have easily been Messa, but they chose Mezza...but it's sweet!

Ai shite imasu!!
Messer Shimai 


No comments:

Post a Comment