Saturday, January 4, 2014

December 25th, 2013: CHRISTMAS DAY!!!

Hey family!
Mom I'm going to email you and dad at the same time since time is so limited. Rumor has it Elder Bednar is coming to speak to us tonight! So I'm super stoked about that!! I LOVED MY GIFTS!! Holy cow, you all know me so well! Yes, mom the shirt fit! and so did the ring!! I'm wearing both right now!! Cook Shimai and I woke up at 5 so we could open our presents and enjoy them!! I got the cutest, daintiest, classiest watch from Auntie Camille, uncle rod and Taylor! I'm wearing that now too!! And Aus (and Taryn) sent me a locket with their faces in it!! I'm wearing that now too! I got a bunch of food, which I am so grateful for because now I have snacks for the suuuuper long plane ride! Jenn and her kiddos sent me some pumpkin bread with a ton of super good snacks! Grandma hooked me up to, I finally have gloves! 2 pairs! I'm not wearing them now, simply because my hands would get sweaty if I wore them inside while I typed.. Oh! And mom, we have listened to the CD you gave me on Christmas Eve :) It was perfect because last Tuesday we had a devotional where the BYU Mens Chorus just came and sang to us for a while, and she was telling us all about this CD, and how it was free for missionaries to download online. But I don't think she knew that we can't get on the internet..so we were super happy to open that on Christmas Eve! Ooohhh Annie sent me the family calendar!! It's so cute!! I just took it out and stared at the pictures for a good half hour! haha I like how it has my year mark :) Ya dad, I'll go buy that calling card, I keep forgetting, but I will tomorrow when it opens up again!
Christmas at the MTC has been great! Our sensei gave us all those little containers for consecrated oil. It was so cute!! Kaylee had one up a college and I was always super jealous, now I get one for myself!! yay!! How was your Christmas morning? Did ari and aus sleep in the same bed? who got the big couch all to themselves? What did santa bring? did he eat the cookies? Did his reindeer eat the carrots? Did he sign the paper?
Japanese CTR ring
Opening presents...
Christmas morning with Shimai Cook
It's crazy to think I fly out in just 4 days!!! It's still unreal! I'm not really looking forward to being trapped up inside of an airplane for that long, but ya I'm just hoping it will be different than the Air Tran we rode on this summer!! That was torture! I'm so scared, but I'm too excited to think about how scared I am about it. Plus, Tibi writes to me and she is loving her mission right now!! I'm just looking forward to the next couple of months, like when I figure out the language and all. It's weird I only have 1 or 2 more lessons to teach here in the good old MTC!
Well thanks for the Christmas email! I Hope you are all enjoying your Christmas, and maybe you will get on in the next 10 minutes so I can talk to you? Well ai shite imasu!! Have a very merry Christmas! Mom, all of your presents sound perfect for everyone! I'm glad the elders got to spend Christmas Eve with ya'll if I didn't get to! Elder Naranjo is a good guy, I'm sure the other one is too..but I don't know him haha. Well, I LOVE YOU! MERRY CHRISTMAS! AI SHITE IMASU! Miss you!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment