Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Japan is amazing!

Dinner at the Nishihara's
January 19, 2014
Hello everyone! I can:t believe it:s another p-day already. Please just accept the : as an apostraphy until I can find out how to use it on this keyboard..
This week was great! I am in love with living in a city, I think I love it a little too much. I often find myself thinking while I:m biking *wow, I live in a city!!* and then I have to remind myself that I live in Japan, which is even cooler haha. Japan is amazing, the people are so cool, they are so nice!! It:s outrageous!! But sometimes when we stop people on the street they get super surprised and like gasp out in surprise, and their eyes go super wide like they:re scared. It:s kind of sad, but funny at the same time haha
So cool fact about Japan, they:re toilets are super cool. So like most of them rinse you off and stuff (i:ve never done it, i:m too scared) but I:ve only ever used one toilet this whole time being in Japan that hasn:t been heated!! Even the toilet in our apartment is heated, and when you walk into the toilet room, the lid automatically opens! It:s so funny! However, it has lead me to realize how spoiled I am being a Fukuoka princess. I once used a bathroom in 7-11 and stood there for a good twenty seconds waiting for the lid to open, when it didn:t I started freaking out and pushing buttons on the thing that was on the side that like sprays you off, when I then realized that all I had to do was lift up the lid with my hands....#struglife. hahaha Yeah, so maybe I:ll send you a picture of a toilet or something? i don:t know that:s kind of weird.
So this week was great! I don:t think I:ve even told you about our only investigator...fail. So her name is Michiko San, she is 60, she is SO bubbly, and lively and happy and funny and so tiny and skinny! She is super rich, like super rich. The first day I was here she took us grocery shopping. She says she:s our Japanese mom since our moms are so far away. She is SO FUNNY. She knows a little of English so she tries to talk to me, and she:s like the coolest, stylish person I know! BUT WE FOUND A NEW INVESTIGATOR! She:s a lady we met at the train station last week, we set up an appointment with her and SHE BROUGHT HER FRIEND! So there is a referral right there! So we met at the train station, and they said, *let:s go to the coffee house* but we explained we don:t drink coffee, but we drink hot chocolate! So we ended up at Seattle:s coffee house, (I know, that:s great for our image!) and we had a lesson, and talked about our families (oh ya, they speak English ahahah so I am SO LUCKY) and they want to meet again. They are so cute, Sawako san is our new investigator, she:s 68 but looks like 50, she says she:s our Nihonjiin grandma, and she calls us each  night to make sure we rode our bikes home safe!! hahah she:s so cute! I:ve only been in Japan for three weeks, and the only two investigators I have are already my Japanese mom and grandma! hah! 
Eating natto-fermented soybeans


Anyone want a taste of this natto? Notice the chocolate and water close by!

First letters have arrived from America!  It took over 2 weeks!
Anyway, she invited us over to wear her kimono sometime so we could take pictures and *send them to our moms, and they:ll cry at how cute we are* hahah that:s what she said! And her friend, Mayumi San is 58, but looks like 30 wants to meet again, and seemes super intersted in coming to church next week! FINGERS CROSSED! Huzzah for miracles!
We ate at the second counselor in the bishopric:s house last night, it was a CURRY PARTY! It was so good! And we got to ride this suuuper nice train to their house, it:s called a Shink, it:s like rocket train, and is kind of a mix between Harry Potter and Polar Express! So cool! I love visiting members and less actives, their homes are so welcoming, and since we don:t wear our shoes I feel like i:m going to a slumber party! bahahah it:s nerdy I know, but it:s so fun!! Thank you for your love, prayers and support! I love and miss you all!!
Ai shite imasu!!!!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment