Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Biking in a skirt took some adjusting to!


FUKUOKA TEMPLE AND MESSER SHIMAI (THE MISSION HOME IS UNDERNEATH IT)
Jan. 27, 2014
Hello!!                                                                               

First I will answer all of your questions. My week was good this week! Nothing too crazy food wise this week! You asked about the intestines, they were in a soup that I ate my first week here at a members house. They tasted like chicken, but like super chewy. yum! My shoes are working out splendidly! Unfortunately all of the biking, have made my calves increase in size, which mean my rain boots are getting tighter and tighter, we:ll see how that goes at the end. hahahah Biking in a skirt took some adjusting, but it:s fine now. Yes, they are all long enough! Yes the children learn English in school.  It usually goes like this when they see us "hello! how are you?" and we:ll say "we're good, how are you?" (I FOUND THE APOSTROPHE!!!!!!!!) and they'll giggle and say either "I'm happy" or "I'm fine" and then they will say "see you!" It is so funny because it's not like "see ya, or see you later" just see you. hahah they're cute, and when we pass they all giggle and whisper to their friends and all I can understand is "kawaii" which means cute...so ya. ;) 
My Japanese mom and grandma are doing good! Unfortunately, my Japanese mom,  it was a hard week. Last week after we emailed we had a lesson with her, we invited the ward service missionary to come joint us. It ended in a huge argument because the member went into some pretty deep doctrinal stuff that freaked her out. So she left and said she didnt want anything to do with church anymore. BUT she texted us last night and she had read 101 pages in the BOM since last Monday!! She wants to read the book just so she can know for herself! And then this morning she called us and wanted to take us grocery shopping! So that:s why I am not emailing at the normal time, because we met with her and she gave us a bunch of fruit hahah she is the cutest. Dad, you asked how she got so wealthy and if she is married. yes she is married, unfortunately her husband ONLY comes home from work on Sunday's! Of course! So she usually would stay just for sacrament so she could go be with him. But they both work, i am not sure what he does...but it brings in a lot of money. Plus, she is high up in her company, she was on TV and radio this week for her work! My Japanese mom's mom just died two days ago :( So we are hoping for a meeting with her in a couple of days so we can explain the plan of salvation! Good thing she:s not Buddhist, so she doesnt have to go through the 49 days of mourning or something! We haven't talked to Mayumi San this week yet, but we are hoping to contact her this week!! Mom, I havent seen any cute little courtyards, but I have never been to a house yet, only apartment buildings! Cars are small, but not tiny. Most of them are just normal, but they drive on the opposite side! No, we never see ATV's :( sometimes I hear a little scooter and get excited though hahaha
So everyone has asked me why I ate the Nato, and where I was so here is the back story. Nato is just known for being disgusting, so everyone always takes their bean (new missionary) to eat nato for the first time. So, last week when we went grocery shopping we all bought a thing of nato to try. We just ate it at our house for breakfast, and all were gagging for like ten minutes. Well, Higashi shimai eats it on a daily bases, so she was taking pictures hahaha. It is like super good for you, so everyone eats  it but it is so gross!! But i got it over with so I hope i never have to do it again! ew. Maybe you guys should try some ;) 
This week was good, we had interviews with the mission president, and said to tell my parents thank you for sending me out here, so mom and dad, Kaicho says thanks! hahaha 
We went to a potential investigators house this week and had a nabe party, nabe is kind of like the chicken noodle soup for Japan, it was super good, you just throw a bunch of veggies and meat into a soup base, and you set it on a burner in the middle of the table and just eat out of it! The girl was super cool, she is 24 and so she was asking us what we wanted in our future husbands, and if we thought any of the missionaries were cute. We quickly let her know that they were like our brothers to us. haha but we had a sports night this week with the ward, where we all just went and played basketball, volleyball and bad minton and she showed up! we:re hoping to teach her, but she is super busy with work :( someday! 
Oh, so for service here we just offer free english classes. but since we are in the city, we do THREE english classes! One every wednesday for just anyone who wants to learn, then one every two weeks for moms, and then one every two weeks for babies. It is a little insane, but it is fun! We get to see a lot of chubby little japanese kids, so it makes us happy! Plus, we are forced to speak english the whole time! it is great! 
Mom, we sang in sacrament meeting last week, i thought of you and your choir, but it was just us four sisters! and at one part I was singing with just one other girl! I have never done that before! But it turned out really good! We sang a three part harmony to The Lord is my Shepherd, it was super pretty! Or at least I hope it was! hahah Well i will try to attach some pictures now! Thanks for the love and the emails and letters! Ai shite imasu!
Messer Shimai


No comments:

Post a Comment