Sunday, April 5, 2015

Loving the work in Okinawa!

March 29, 2015
I hope you are all loving March because it is ALMOST OVER! I can't believe how fast the months go by! I hit 17 months yesterday, crazy! But we had a great week! Minami is progressing really well and PASSED her baptismal interview on Thursday!! She even picked out her dress, so I think that makes it official, right? She went on a fast for three days and lost over 8 pounds. Sister Salmon and I are seriously considered doing that if we didn't have to go out tracting everyday. Maybe next time ;) 
We also are teaching a little 7 year old who's parents are not members, but her grandma is. So we have to teach her all of the lessons before she can be baptized. Her name is Rea and she is the cutest little Japnaese girl you will ever see. It is a lot of fun to teach a little girl. It is nice because all we know is simple Japanese anyways! 
We also are teaching Emiri, who is in her 30's and is so cute! She looks almost Egyptian, but she wants to be baptized in Hawaii in October..so we are still teaching her the lessons and trying to build that relationship with the ward members. We will see what comes to be. 
We were able to go up and go on exchanges with the sisters in Naha. And guess who just so happens to be there? Sister Hirata, my old companion! So I got to go out with her again. It was fun seeing each other 6 months later, as even better missionaries! I always learn so much when I get to go out on exchanges with everyone!! It was fun being with a Japanese sister all day again. I miss my little nihonjins! 
We went out to the beach today with the senior missionaries and it was so pretty!! I always forget I live in little paradise! Oh, so naive little Messer Shimai had never looked at a map of Okinawa before. So the senior couple pulled one out for me. I am in the coolest place on the planet! China, Taiwan, the Philippians! Like are you kidding me? It is a shorter distance to those three countries than it is to the mission headquarters in Fukuoka! Say what? I feel so blessed to be here! (ask me again when the humidity hits) But I love you all and hope you have a fabulous Spring Break and Fair!! I LOVE YOU! 


Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment