Monday, April 27, 2015

My first exchange with an Elder-What?!

What an interesting week in Okinawa. The first weird day was Tuesday when our American investigator wanted to meet! We were meeting at a restaurant close to our apartment and we were way excited until she called us and said she couldn't get yen out at the ATM, so we had to go somewhere that could take a card. Her car was too messy to pick us up, she she asked if we could meet at American Village, a nice little bike ride up three hills and about 45 minutes away if we are biking fast. She said she would wait for us, but we really did NOT have the energy to go up those hills. So what do we do? We hop on a bus! Well we had no idea which bus to hop on, so we just asked the first guy we saw, and to our luck it was that bus! So we just left our bikes right there on the sidewalk and hopped in! We rode there and 50 minutes later we arrive! Right when we call her to meet her, she told us she had got called into work! So now we were 50 minutes away from our house, and in this huge shopping area. So we take our dinner hour to eat at Red Lobster!! Did you read that? Red Lobster. Oh Okinawa. So after we paid 13 dollars for a small salad, we went to the bus station. But wait, Messer Shimai forgot her bag with the Book of Mormon and pamphlets, so we had to run back, and miss the first bus, so we have to wait for the next bus. We knew there was a reason we had to be there, but we didn't find any golden investigator or anything. I don't even know how to explain the feelings we felt this day. It was crazy and really weird, and I am missing some of the most weird details that I can't explain over an email.
Then on Friday we had iPad training again from President. It was pretty boring since we had already gotten it up in Fukuoka, but it was fun to see the rest of the island. Plus it is always fun to see President Gustafson and get trained by him! 
Then on Saturday we got training from two Zone Leaders who are touring the mission teaching people "common sense dendou" which is like missionary work. So we all learned how to go contacting, then split up and all went out. Guess what? They paired all of the sisters with ELDERS! And since I am the person who has been in the area the longest, we got the bikes and I pretended like I knew where we were going. Really, all I do is look at the map and pray really hard somehow we end up there. So that's what I did again. So I went with Elder Boyden, a six transfer who is one of the zone leaders going around the mission. Sister Salmon was with his companion and all 4 of us stuck together, but when we would talk to people we would pair up with an Elder. It wasn't as weird as I thought it would be. We had a lot of fun, and saw a lot of miracles. I never thought I would be able to say that I went on exchanges with an Elder, so that's cool. 
Today we are going to the biggest mall on Kyushu and we are so super excited. My wallet is so heavy, it is just asking me to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need. Some things never change. 
Ai shite imasu!!! 
Have a great week!!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment