Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Well it is official, I am the oldest sister in the mission.

One of our cutest ward members here!
Well it is official, I am the oldest sister in the mission. My MTC companions are home and there are 2 Japanese sisters I will be returning home with, who went to the MTC just a couple weeks after I got there. You would think I would know how to be a good missionary by now. Well, that's a big lie! I still have no idea what I am doing, but I really good at pretending. 
But we had a great week in Okinawa! My sunburn turned into a tan (except for my neck, which started to peel, OUCH!) 
But first off all, wasn't General Conference AWESOME?! Did you hear
 Elder Cook give Okinawa a shout out? That was cool! We went with Minami to watch it in the next town over that was showing it in Japanese. Well, they didn't have an English room, so we watched the first talk in Japanese, and then our Zone Leader came and asked if we could go look it up on another computer, luckily a member had a laptop, and us three hudled around a laptop and watched it! And Elder Aoyagi gave the closing prayer yesterday! I met him last year on my mission, and his English was so good in his prayer! Then on Sunday we came to our church building for Sunday and the missionaries were the only ones there for the afternoon session!
So last week when we went to the beach we picked up some pretty shells! Well guess what? Two of them were ALIVE! So we were breaking the rules!! We were DISOBEDIENT! We had PETS! We put them out on our back porch and I would trip and "accidentally" pour water on them to keep them alive. But don't worry, we called our priesthood leaders and they knew it! Don't worry, we took care of them and we no longer have pets at our house. 
I live in paradise!
Our investigators are doing really well! We weren't able to meet with little Rea because her grandma didn't have the car this week to drive her. We met a new investigator, Pruit from Florida! It was super cool to knock on a door and have an AMERICAN open the door! What to hear something even cooler? He is friends with one of our recent converts and the recent convert had given him a Book of Mormon to read!! We were so proud of him! Pruit has a lot of interest, and invited us back over to hear more! We are really excited, and hope to pass him to the Elders as soon as he starts progressing! 
We also found two FAMILIES this week! We have been praying to find a family for a while, and we found the Chinen's with FIVE kids and the Yamashiro's with four kids! So we are SO EXCITED to start teaching them! We went back to the Chinen's and they invited us in, they have 3 year old twins that just love us, and it was really fun! The 12 year old probably had more interest than anyone else, and she was super excited to get a BoM! 
Well I love you and hope you have an amazing week!! I love you!!!
xoxo,
Messer Shimai


No comments:

Post a Comment