Monday, March 23, 2015

many blessings down here on the little island!

Konnichiwa! 
I hope you all are enjoying SPRING in America! What a glorious time! Ring by spring anyone? I haven't heard anything yet. *cough cough* I'm praying for you, Aus! 
First of all, Minami is still on track for baptism on April 4!! Best Easter present ever!! We can see the temptation and the trials from Satan attacking her right now, so please pray for her! We had lunch with her and she was so frustrated and hurt by some people that she was shaking when she was telling us the story. She needs that little extra divine help! Thank you for all of the prayers in her behalf already!! 
Our British investigator flew back to England today :( so we miss her a lot, but she left a the cutest little note about how her view on God and the purpose of life has changed. We are hoping she can meet with missionaries where ever she ends up these next few months. I love her with my whole heart and am so sad I wasn't able to meet with her before she left. 
Saturday we were able to video call up to Fukuoka and hear from Elder Nelson!! It was amazing!! We learned all about how to be proper with our iPads, and we are so excited to receive them. At the end of Elder Nelson's training he blessed us. He blessed us to become fluent in English, Japanese, and the language of God! How amazing is that? Of course all of the Japanese missionaries were like "YES! I will be fluent in English!" but I just thought "Oh hallelujah, my teaching in English is a bunch of garbage! Maybe my investigators will be able to better understand!" But really, try being a native English speaker, but translating from Japanese to English to teach in English because I only know the lessons in Japanese!. The sentences are usually switched around and I use weird words that we don't really use in English. So I am super excited to receive that blessing! But it was so amazing to be able to listen to him and be spiritually uplifted! 
Also, one perk of being an STL, a companionship of our girls spent the night at our house and a Japanese sister gave me a massage with doTerra oils and it was pretty much the most amazing thing of my life. Can you say SPOILED in Okinawa? I'm sure you really were dying to know that. 
But I love you and hope you have an amazing week! We are having a lot of fun and seeing so

many blessings down here on the little island! (I looked at where we were on the map..who knew Taiwan was so close!)
AI SHITE IMASU YO!

Messer Shimai
Oki!
Listening to Russell M. Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment