Monday, January 26, 2015

What even happened this week?

Konnichiwa!!
I hope you all had a great week! We sure had a good time in Okinawa this week! It is warm, no more tights for Messer Shimai and Jeffery Shimai! 
My Japanese Dad, Yamamato San, gave me these chopsticks before I transferred!
I can"t say we did much this week. We have been working a lot with recent converts and trying to find people to teach! Right now our teaching pool is at....zero. But it is a lot of fun! Jeffery Shimai is amazing, we have a lot of fun! She grew up in Japan until she was 8, moved to America and forgot all of her Japanese. Then her second transfer here, her little girl brain drawers opened up and she remembers all of her Japanese she learned as a child. She is a lot of fun!
This week we biked for about 30 miles in one day. It was crazy, but it was fun to see a lot of the island! It is so pretty here, it is a lot of green and military bases! Which I got to go on base this week to eat at a members house! We at the Popell's house, and we didn't even have to take off our shoes when we entered the house..it was weird let me tell you. Then we ate Alfredo and broccoli, when was the last time I ate food like that? Who knows! 
Okinawa is a lot of fun. It is weird planning to teach people with normal names like Kelli, Jack, Sam, Jonathan. Like what? That is so easy! But I am learning that being a missionary in America isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Having three wards on Sunday, and trying to get to know all of the members is a lot of work! We kind of go home afterwards and just collapse on the ground. But I feel like it is the perfect mix here! I get to learn how to be an American Missionary, but can still go out and tract in Japanese, so we always look forward to our finding time! I feel really blessed to be able to teach people in both languages! Right now we are praying to find 1 american investigator and 1 Japanese investigator so we can learn how to teach in English, while still keeping up our Japanese. 
Pray something exciting happens next week, so my weekly email wont be so boring! I love you all and miss you a lot!! Have a great week!!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment