Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I AM GOING TO OKINAWA!!!

January 12, 2015
Kimonos!

I hope you all had a good week, we had a GREAT WEEK in Fujisaki! 
First off, we were able to meet Yamamoto san a couple of times. He took us to eat Udon, and Chanpon, both Japanese noodle's which are super good, he is really good at always showing us Japanese food. He is so nice! I am going to miss him SO MUCH! 
We were also able to meet with an old Fukuoka investigator, Michiko san who took us to a Western, American restaurant and we ate steak! It was so good, there was American music playing and I had to try to hard not to listen. The waitresses were wearing bandanna's and cowboy hats, it was fun. 
We taught Zone Training Meeting as STL's, it was scary, but fun. Our Zone Leaders really like to talk, so that made our parts a little short and stressful to fit all of the information in, but it was fun! 

KINJO SAN WAS BAPTIZED! Remember my old investigator from Kurume who wouldn't look at me because my eyes were too blue? He was baptized! A beloved Kurume ward member called me and thanked me for finding him and teaching him! It was so cute! I was so happy to hear that something I did lead somebody to baptism! Kinjo san is not a normal name, it is a very Okinawan name, he is FROM OKINAWA which is WHERE I AM GOING!!! 
I got a call from THE PRESIDENT this morning before studies even ended "Hello Messer Shimai, what are you doing? Are you emailing your family?" 
Me: "No Kaicho, I am doing companionship study."
Kacho: "oh, just what you are supposed to be doing. I am calling because I am transferring you down to Okinawa.."
Me: "--squeel--" oh shoot... 
Finally being able to see the movie "Frozen" on Christmas
hahah anyways, he gave me strict instructions on what to do while in Okinawa, I am so excited. Okinawa is where everyone in the mission wants to go, it is an island off of the coast, with American bases, so I will have 2 American wards, and one Japanese ward. It is the most baptizing area in the mission! It is the "Hawaii of Japan" and just bad bad stories about the humidity, spiders, and bats, but I am so excited to go down there! I get to fly on an airplane! My new companion is Jeffrey Shimai, an 8 transfer that I lived with for two weeks at the beginning of my 3 transfer. Can you believe I am going on transfer 10? I am in the double digits! That's just scary! 
Eating at the Bishop's home
We also got another reactivation this week, that is three in Fujisaki! It is so great to see the gospel blessing these people lives again! Seeing the change that church really does have on people! 
I hope you all have a great week, I am praying for you! I love you all! 
xoxo,

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment