Monday, February 2, 2015

I haven't seen anything with that much sugar in it since I left the MTC!

Hello everyone!
Well it was a good week in Okinawa. It is weird adjusting to to life with Americans, and warm weather. But it is a good life. We have a box of poptarts in our apartment, and 1. I havent seen anything with that much sugar in it since I left the MTC 2. there was a picture of some Justin Beiber look-alike on the box that I had never seen before. Austin Maloone, Malone, Maloon? How long have I been gone for? Why don't I know this pretty boy on my poptart box? Oh, and we got Cheerios and I read the back of my cereal box. That was a miracle for the day. 
But the work here is good. I am not going to lie, it is kind of slow but we have a lot of fun! We have been trying to find 1 Japanese and 1 American investigator in order to learn how to teach in both languages. Well guess what? We found an American investigator! We got a referral from the senior couple who heard there was a girl on base looking for a church to go to! She has been to a lot of other churches in the past, and wants to check out our church! So one of our fabulous ward members gave her a ride, she came to church and we have an appointment with her this Saturday! We are excited (and scared) to teach in English! 
Yesterday was stake conference for the WHOLE island of Okinawa for the Japaneses members, so we got to see all the missionaries on the whole island, even President and Sister Gustafson came! Scary! Long story short, with all three wards there, we were at the church for 10 hours. I think i am turning into dad! But it was good and a lot of fun but we were starving when we came home, we could barely bike the 10 minutes home! We love fast Sunday's, don't you feel like you are just getting so many more blessings? I love it. 
We had a super awkward lesson this week when we taught our cute investigator about honoring and obeying the law, and she revealed to us all of the criminal things she did as a teenager, we couldn't help but laugh because it was so funny. Oh teenagers are dumb. But it kind of ruined the whole 'Spiritual' aspect to the lesson! hahahahah But we love her and we are going to see a castle with her today.
YES I spoke to Nick Green! (A cousin from Vegas who is ward clerk in Pres. Finlayson’s branch) he is so cool!! he went in to give me a hug and I didnt know what to do! He hugged me, and I just stood there hahahahahah awkward missionary probs...But I met him and his wife and his three kids and he said he will invite us over for dinner some night, and I can send stuff from his address, or you can send stuff to him! He was way cool, we were trying to remember all of the Swapp family history stuff...rough stuff. We will have to brush up on that. We both know wandering home, and going on a lion hunt! hahaha 
Hope you have a fantastic week! love you!!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment