Sunday, December 29, 2013

November 23rd-Week 4 in the MTC

Hey everyone!
So this week was better, I've just accepted the fact that I don't know Nihongo, and just try my best! That's all I can do, right? haha YES! I SAW TIBI! It was amazing! So I had her DearElder me and tell me what time she was arriving, it was right during my gym time which was PERFECT because the front of the gym, is where the curb is where all of the missionaries are dropped off! So I played volleyball until 2:10, and then I just stood and the door and watched. then at 2:16 I saw her car pass! But I thought they had already dropped Tibi off, because they went to like the lowest part of the curb possible, so I RAN after the car, and then realized I needed my doryo (companion) so I ran in and said TIBI'S HERE!! So we grabbed our jackets (it was raining) and we ran outside, and her car was parked like right outside the courtyard, so I ran over, and pretty much tackled her cause I didn't slow down in time. yes, I cried. I got to hug her mom and it was so nice!! We don't get very many hugs in the MTC cause all of our leaders and teachers are men!! Our Chorotachi (elders) hug our sensei's after every lesson, and we just get a dead fish handshake! gah! I feel bad for taking time away from Tibi and her family, I let them say their goodbyes but I couldn't handle how happy I was! But I haven't seen her since :( I guess since this week is Thanksgiving, there are no new missionaries coming in, so there were 840 new missionaries that came in with Tibi! Including new kohai in our district! Which means I'm a sempai! So there are three levels: Kohai (first three weeks), Sempai (next three weeks), and then Dai Sempai is the last three weeks you're here. It's crazy, it feels like the kohai know more than I do already! 

Singing in the choir is fun! It just stinks timing wise because it means we can't go on our temple walk on Sunday's, but it's fine since we get to go on Saturday's! But ya, it's fun so we do it! This is the last week we get to go to the temple though, then they close it for the rest of the year :(  Oh ya, on Sunday's we get to watch the Spoken Word before Relief Society, so that's fun! My prayer in sacrament meeting went pretty good! It was all in Nihongo, and my zone leaders and sister training leaders said it was super good. I don't know, they asked me to give the beginning, announced I was giving the closing, but then the choro who was supposed to give the opening, didn't stand up so I just ran up there and got it over with. Everyone said, how'd you do that so good, you said words I didn't even know! But all I really did was say some lines that were off of our "giving a prayer" sheet...hahaha. But it was fine. Glad when it was over! Me and Cook Shimai were called to be the new music coordinators. So I get to lead in Sacrament Meeting from now on, I've got some practice in that! 

 Dad, you'll be really impressed. This week during gym time we went and played volleyball. Holy cow it was stressful! I should have learned from you while I was home!! I did play four square for a while, but their rules are different than ours, so that always stinks. But it was fun to get back into that groove and make it to KING with all of the elders!

my district the night before Pinzon Shimai left for Japan! (White sweater)


So this is me and Cook Shimai with our first Sister Training leaders (Deskins Shimai on he left, and Rowley Shimai on the right, they left us!) and then the girl next to me is Davis Shimai, she's one of my sister training leaders 

MTC necessities!
 So no super funny stories during lessons this week. However, we have two investigators: Watabe San and Watanabe San (ya, I think our sensei's hate us, why would they pick 2 that were so similar?) Anyways, Watanabe San is a drug addict, and is always really sad and just sits there all depressed. We went in ready to talk about repentance, (I think that's what it was) and he totally just switched the topic, he said he had been having withdrawals all week, and asked us how we could help, how the BOM and the church could even help him. We couldn't answer! We don't know Nihongo enough to get our point across! So we felt like we totally bombed the lesson, and left super disappointed. It ruined the rest of the night, we were just down, Cook Shimai cried, and I just kind of sat there all during the lesson. Then our Sensei left, but then he came back and was like, Shimaitachi can I talk to you? So we were super scared, and we went and he just sat down and said (IN ENGLISH) "so, what's up?" and we were like huh? He was like you look down! and so we told him why we were so upset, He said don't be upset! Little do you know, tonight Watanabe San is going to read the BOM, he's going to have an experience! (Oh, and Watanabe San has hardly any schooling, so he can't understand the BOM and stuff) We were saying how bad the lesson went and he said (plot twist: Our sensei's our investigator) but he said, I was biting my tongue trying not to smile! I was trying so hard to stay in character, it was good! So I guess even if we think it goes bad, we don't know what's going on in the investigators heart! Never give up! 

 Well I hope you all have a fabulous week. Thank you so much for all of the love and prayers I have been receiving! and the letters! the letters are great! Oh, and the hand turkeys are ADORABLE!! I've gotten them from Annie and her kids, mom, dad, ari, gma, and gpa. They're just precious! I like to stare and them and smile hahah. It's cool to see everybody's take on them! I love you!! Ai shite imasu!!


Messer Shimai greeting Sister Willard to the MTC-BFF's

Messer Shimai greeting Sister Willard to the MTC-BFF's
Sheehan Sensei (MTC teacher, Brother Sheehan)



No comments:

Post a Comment