Friday, December 27, 2013

Already week 3 in the MTC! November 16, 2013

Konnichiwa!!
How is everyone? This week was better, mainly because I just accepted the fact I don't understand Nihongo and just wing it in the lessons. So I forgot to tell you guys about our teaching experience the first week. So it was our second lesson with Yamaguchi San, and we were pretty freaked out cause we couldn't understand anything, but that was back when we had Pinzon Shimai, so it was ok. But we were giving our lesson and Cook Shimai wasn't really talking, she usually tries in broken Nihongo like all the time, but she was just sitting there quiet. Then she turns to me and says, "i'm going to throw up!" So we ran out, well she ran out, and then Yamaguchi San was like, "you have to go with her, she's your companion!" and I was like oh ya, (I was still getting used to the whole companionship thing) so i ran after her, and she was like dry heaving, so we got to end the lesson early, and go home and nap :) so that was nice haha. She just had a migrane, and she slept it off so she's fine :)
 But then the next week, it was our first lesson without Pinzon Shimai, which means we wouldn't know what was going on, we dropped our investigator yamaguchi san when we found out he was our sensei (Taylor Sensei) and picked up 2 new investigatros: Watabe San and Watanabe San, it's sooo confusing. But it was our first lesson, and the elders before us took SO MUCH time! So we gave a 7 minute lesson, so it went fine because he couldn't ask too many question :) However, the next time we taught Watabe San, it did not go that well. Cook Shimai was having a rough day, and was like delirious, we were sitting there and she just busts up laughing, like can't even read her lines (we write down everything we say so we know what to say..) and so she hands me her book to read, and is like crying of laughter..still not sure why haha. SO the lesson was HORRIBLE! We didn't even know how to say we want to go, so we prayed and said sayonara! and he was like..oh, uhm, ok! haha but then we got home, and we eat a cookie every night to make our days better, (thank you mama for the cookies!) and we decided we deserved 2 cookies cause it was such a bad day, so we ate one, and then Cook S started crying, and said she just wanted a cookie. However, we live in a 1/2 sisters 1/2 elders building, and the microwave is on the elders floor, so she went down stairs, knocked on their door and they heated up our cookies. I was talking to the elders afterwards, cause one of them was from Toronto, and she took a bite of the cookie and started sobbing. the elders looked at her like she was crazy. They don't understand a girls heart...hahah it was funny.
Oh, and yesterday we were teaching Watanabe San about resurrection, but we hadn't planned on it, so we were acting it out, and he was like "like zombie?" (but in Nihongo is sounded like zumbie) and Cook S was just like hai, ya, yup! and I looked at her and was like iie, no! NOT a zombie! iie! she just hadn't understood what was going on, and just agreed (that's what we do when we don't understand, we just say hai!) hahah 
Our teachers are AMAZING! like I don't know how they could get any better, they are the nicest people you will ever meet! 
I saw Marissa Leavitt! Our building is the VERY FRONT building, and it faces the road, so you can see all of the cars, the road, the temple, so on Wednesday's we stand by the window and role play what the new missionaries are thinking, and I saw this girl with pretty hair, and then noticed it was Marissa! I ran down and hugged her, it was so fun to see a familiar face! I see Sister Mecham a lot, and Elder Terril and Elder Sullivan already left! That could have been me! Crazy, but i'm glad it's not, that's scary! 
Mom you asked if I can say sentences already, ya I can say like God is our Heavenly Father, and I can pray. I was asked to give the prayer in sacrament meeting tomorrow! i'm so scared! Oh, ya Sunday is all in Nihongo, so I never really know what's going on, especially the first week. And hymns are in hiragana and katakana, so it's the characters, and it's hard to read when it's a fast song haha.
Last Sunday I got to be a host at devotional! it was pretty easy, I got a cool usher pin and told people where to sit (not really, i just let me chose where to sit) I feel like Nihongo missionaries are all that there is at the MTC, its all I see and they give most of the prayers at devotionals, idk if it's because we're here so long, or if it's because we're the most righteous and get to pray in front of the whole MTC ;) Elder Perry was AMAZING his talk was pretty much just about the importance of staying with your doryo (companion), Aunt Camille and Dalton Marshall wrote to me and told me how Lindsay Frehner lost her companion, I would be terrified! But ya, his talk was good and I sang in the choir that day! Redeemer of Israel! Our director said that just our elders section was larger than all of MoTab, so it was a giant choir! not enough seats! haha! 
Practicing Hirigana
Cook and Messer cleaning in the MTC
The new missionaries going to Japan come in this week, so we won't be the youngest!!! hizzah!! We're going to try and host so I can see Tibi!! 
Thank you all SO MUCH for the letters and packages! They make my day go by so much faster! not a distraction, just a good push! Tibi drew me the COOLEST picture of the Jonas Brothers, that just "Hold On!" it was sooo cool! My district made fun of me for liking JB, but I can't deny that love! 

Where they study every day!
Temple day with Pinzon and Cook 
Drawing from friend Tibi
Well I have to attach some pictures, which always takes a lifetime! I hope you have a great week! Ai shite imasu!! I love and miss you all so much! 




No comments:

Post a Comment