Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I'm staying in Okinawa, eh?

Lunch with the district
Ok, so I know the first thing Aus will tell me is that I am using "eh" wrong, but I still haven't gotten the art of it down. My beloved half Japanese companion left me! We were in a members car driving home at 8 at night when the AP's called us for transfer calls telling us that Sister Jeffery was leaving me! My new companion is Sister Salmon from CANADA! Calgary, Canada for those that know Canada. We were really surprised and had to spend most of the next day packing and sending suitcases to mainland. Then we went to a National Day of Prayer on base and hear lots of crazy prayers and scriptures being read in different languages, but it was really cool!! Our goal was to get members from our church out to support this even because usually we kind of stick to ourselves, so we called all of the members, and we were able to have almost 60 members there. We prayed, and we ate! It was a good time! Then a ward member took Jeffery Shimai and I to the beach since she had never been to the beach the whole time she was on island! She took us to a place they used to perform baptisms, it was SO PRETTY and rocky! She even gave us some water shoes and we walked in the water for a bit before we had to head back to ship off her luggage. It was super awesome. 
A beach at Okinawa
Sister Jefferey was transferred
Then the next day I had to drop off beloved Jefferey Shimai, and then spent the whole day with the Naha sisters (the area with the airport in it) which just so happens to be my old companion, Hirata Shimai who is training a new missionary! So i was able to spend the day with them. They weekly planned for their area, it was....fun. Then I picked up Salmon Shimai at the airport! She is awesome! She is just starting transfer 5, so she has been in Japan 6 months! My other STL companion had a lot of stress, so Salmon Shimai is my new STL companion! So it will be nice being actual companions with my STL companion again! But it has been CRAZY trying to introduce the HUGE area and everyone to her! I just barely got here 6 weeks ago, So I don't really know what is going on either, but it is fun! Her bike still hasn't been shipped in, so we enjoy walking everywhere. We got to borrow the Elder's bikes one day...she broke it. So we were stranded out an hour bike ride away. THANK HEAVENS FOR SENIOR COUPLES WITH VANS, right? 
at the beach
We were able to meet with our British investigator and teach her the restoration and the plan of salvation. Oh my goodness we love her so much! She is so brilliant, and understands EVERYTHING we say! She even applies the stories she reads in the Book of Mormon! We love her a lot and are sad she is getting deployed on the 29 :( 
Well this week was a lot of planning, and packing so nothing super funny, although last night when we were housing we talking to a little Japanese man, maybe in his 20's, who had interest in learning English, but not Jesus, so we kept going. Then he was getting in his car to leave and just yells, "Hey, did you find any guys?" I dont know, now that I type it it isnt super funny, but it was funny to hear the cute little accent yelling English. Sorry, no we didn't find any guys. But I hope you will call us someday! 
Well I love you and hope you all have great week!!! Ai shite imasu!
xoxo
Messer Shimai






No comments:

Post a Comment