Wednesday, September 10, 2014

why is the policeman looking at me?

August 31

Good week in Kurume!! Start the email with the best news of the week: a less active member we have been working with has come to to church THREE weeks in a row! His name is Brother Inoue and in Sunday School he said his biggest hope, desire, goal right now is to come to church EVERY WEEK! That is the 5 reactivation I have seen on my mission. I would have never guessed that as a missionary in JAPAN i would see more success with less actives than investigators! But the work is good! I love seeing the gospel bless these people lives for the second time! They have already felt God's love once, and to have them feel it again is an amazing thing! 
We had an interesting experience this week while housing. We had a couple of minutes so we went housing near the church. We had housed two apartment buildings and moved onto the third building. We rang the bell, no answer, knocked "konnichiwa" no answer, but we did hear the door lock, which is a typical things. You can hear people inside, but they just dont answer. So we move on, we knock, there is an answer so I start by saying "we are missionaries for the church of...." There are 2 policemen running up the stairs looking at the door I am at...wait I don't want to be talking to a girl who is about to get arrested, step back. Wait a second..why is the policeman looking at me? Turns out the neighbor who like his door got scared that there was a foreigner outside his door so he called the cops! The police were way nice, totally understood what we were up to, I had to show them my residency card, they took mine and Hirata Shimai's name, address, birthdays. They told us to be careful, and just left. We turn. Oh shoot, the girl we just contacted was just standing in the door watchign the whole thing. She says, "are you ok?" ya, we are ok. "Are you sure?" ya we are..soooo do you believe in Go? "No, actually my family is Buddhist..but are you ok?" YES WE ARE OK. "Ok, well be careful! bye!" hahah she will accept the gospel some day... I am sure. 
Ate a bunch of raw fish this week. Thats never my favorite. But you gotta do what you gotta do. 
I love you, I am going to go try to find a kimono I like today!! Love you all!
xoxo

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment