Monday, September 15, 2014

hmm....seems like spiders and food seem to be my miracles of the week...

September 14, 2014

Maybe you all got a little taste of what Japan is like with the flood this week ;) I hope you all survived and your houses didn't float away! You will have to keep me updated with the roads, if they ever get up and running again! I hope the kids had fun sleeping at their schools, thats always an adventure! haha
This week was good! It was technically "transfer week" but since my whole district stayed the same, it still just feels like last transfer! I like it!
Remember the man we met on the street last week and were going to teach that night? Well we taught him and it went AMAZING! He had tons of great questions about where we go after this life, and why there are so many churches. Luckily, through our message we can answer those question
s :) BUT he is busy, and can't meet until next week, but we are so excited!
I am looking through my "miracles" of the week in my planner to see what to tell you...most of them are "we killed the cockroach in our house" or "Hirata Shimai killed a monster spider in our house" or " I ate chocolate banana ice cream" or "I tried to kill a spider in the church bathroom, but I chickened out, the spider faked dead and i just brushed it into the trash can and ran away" or "our English students gave us cake" or "we got delicious Japanese seedless grapes from an investigator" hmm....seems like spiders and food seem to be my miracles of the week...
Bad haircut!
But I did learn a very valuable lesson this week that I am sure most girls have learned while living with other girls. DON'T LET YOUR ROOMMATE CUT YOUR HAIR!!!! I have needed to have a hair cut for quiet some time now, but with transfers, and having to go on a p-day I just didn't want to spend time. Finally after our English class I was fed up and Hawkins Shiami has wanted to cut my hair for forever (we have been living together for 5 months now) She cut her past companions hair, and has 5 sisters, so I figured it was safe, right? WRONG! She cut it straight in the back...well diagonal. When we brought the hair up to the font not only was one side about 3 inches longer than the other, but the hair from the front of the head was about 3 inches longer than the hair from the back of the head, so her companion, Williams Shimai,  fixed it so it was a little bit better. But let's just say I have an appointment today with a ward member who will cut my hair for free at the church. Don't worry, she is a hairdresser. I have been walking around Kurume with uneven hair for like 5 days, but I think since I am an American everyone still thinks it's cool. Maybe I will start a trend? I am just hoping my hair will be normal by the time I go home! hahah! We have fun in the Kurume apartment, thats for sure! 
Love you all! Stay safe and have fun! GO MUD BOGGING! 
Ai shite imasu yo!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment