Monday, June 9, 2014

"Is this your first time seeing natures?"

Companions Messer and Suzuki
Happy P-day everyone! The sun is shining, and the humidity is drowning me, but other than that we are happy it is P-Day!
We have had quite the week here in Crazy Kurume. Quite the week. It started off so good, a member gave us TWO referrals! Members referrals are the BEST!! They were two dancers from Russia! How cool is that? We were so excited, we got Russian Book of Mormons, and went and met them. I was so excited to meet them. Wow, if they are in Japan they must be really good dancers. This ward member is a singer, and met them at one of her gigs. When I met them, I asked, so what kind of dance do you do? Turns out they're strippers. The ward member, answered in ENGLISH, "sexy dance." oh gosh. BUT they were really nice, and super fun. We actually randomly ran into them just before coming here to email. But they are moving this week :(They are really prety, tall and skinny. I should have know. hahah it was funny. That member just last week had referred a six year old to the other sisters in our apartment. We prefer those above the age of accountability. But she was cute.
Yesterday an area of the 70 came to our ward, and gave a devotional afterwards, Elder Tashiro. He is way cool and gave a way good talk. It is always so great to get spiritually fed. We study everyday, but it is nice to hear other peoples testimonies and what not.
A couple of weeks ago, actually right before using the squatter toilet for the first time, we were sitting on some really hard grass, that was like half dead. We were waiting for a member and I was picking at it because it was kind of stabbing me and hurt really bad. Suzuki Shimai looks right at me and says,



"is this your first time seeing natures?" I just looked at her...huh? "you live in the desert, is this your first time seeing grass?" hahahahah She was completely serious, I had no idea what to say...I just replied, Well we try to grow grass in Nevada, but I lived in Utah when I went to college. I have seen grass before. she was really concerned, her expression eased up and she said, "oh that's good." hahahah Sometimes havng a Japanese compaion is super funny.
I had octopus for the first time this week, suprisingly good! Who would have guessed? Not Messer Shimai!
Well, next week is transfer calls so I will email on Tuesday! I hope you all have a great week, and enjoy the dry desert! I love you and miss you all!!!

Messer Shimai
Sick masks are popular in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment