Sunday, June 22, 2014

Crazy crazy Kurume

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Crazy crazy Kurume. That is all I can say. It has been a crazy week.
Unfortunately, Suzuki Shimai is going home :( There are some things that need to be worked out, which means I get a new companion :( I am so sad!! President actually called me on Thursday (scary scary scary) and when I answered he said, "Awee Messer Shimai, is this my girl? I am so sorry. This is your dad. Your sergeant dad. How are you?" It was so sad, but so nice to hear from him. He told me he would be sending my companion home and my new companion would be great. He promised me an amazing companion. I said, "Do you promise?" and he said "Well ya, actually it's Johnson Shimai" ahhh! He told me a whole week early!! We still haven't gotten transfer calls, but he said as long as nothing changed I would be staying in Kurume with Johnson Shimai. An American! can you imagine?! That's going to be really awkward if something did end up changing....
This week something horrible happened (bad news first) I GOT TWO FLAT TIRES!! I was about 25 minutes away at a less active members house, and when I was biking home, every time I would turn a corner I could feel like a slipping feeling. I realized, duh! You need air! We were going to the train station about 45 mintues away by bike. Oh shoot! It got all the way flat, to the point where I couldn't even ride anymore! So we walked to the station, ditched my bike there. Went to our appointment and took a bus home. The next day we had to walk to the station, went and got it fixed, and then on the way home I was so happy that my bike was fixed I got off of it and went to hug my tire. When I was embracing the tire...I heard a horrible "ssssssssssssss" noise. NOOOO LITTLE MIKEY!! So I said "Suzuki Shimai we have to go back to the bike shop!!" I biked like the wind, we got half way and it was completely flat again, walked back to the shop and this time they fixed it for reals. FOR FREE! yay! They said I have to go back EVERY week! Pshh..maybe every month. Aint nobody got time (or money) for that! But no worries. little Mikey is all fixed, and if anybody reading this thought I was weird for hugging my tire, it saved me, so I don't want to hear it! 
Now for the miracle moment!! This week we were eating at a members house, she said she was bringing a FRIEND!! This member is an English teacher from Washington! An RM! She is so cool! Her friend was AMERICAN too! She speaks ENGLISH! Her name is Athena, from North Carolina. SO COOL. So cool. We gave her a Book of Mormon, were able to eat dinner with her at the church on Saturday and she showed up to church on Sunday with her member friend!! She says she just plans on coming every week, except next week since we will be in FUKUOKA for stake conference! Oh ya, so I will email Saturday (your Friday), and wont email Monday. So like 4 days! hahah By then I will know who my companion is!
Riding on train to Nagasaki
Sunday we met a TOTALLY WASTED British man! We were in these beautiful rose gardens with a member, and a drunk man walks over and starts talking to us. He is so drunk, but so funny. He is like a super genius. We ended up talking for like 1 1/2 hours. He teaches doctors (ok, so he was drunk, but not lying..) he speaks like every European language. He is a super genius, which I think makes him a little wacky. We followed him home, so we know where he lives, so we can visit him when he is sober! hahah. Nice to talk in English! Plus, the member was fluent in English. holla! 
Well, crazy week. I wish I could send you pictures! We got to go to Nagasaki again, and I stayed awake for the train ride home! that's a first! Took tons of pictures! Maybe my next area I will send you everything! hahh 
Have a great week! Thanks for letting me ramble to you! I love you all! Enjoy your summer!
Ai shite imasu!!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment