Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I HIT MY ONE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH it's crazy!!

I HIT MY ONE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH it's crazy!! For my one year I was able to go to my first area for zone training!! It was way fun! Back in Fukuoka like the good old days when I had no idea what was going on! I also got to go back to Fukuoka yesterday for more training from President, which is why I am emailing on Tuesday instead! But you want to hear our breaking the Word of Wisdom story? You might think it would involve tea at an investigators house. Nope it involves alcohol in our apartment!! So one thing that all sister missionaries in the Fukuoka mission grow to love is ICE CREAM (duh) and pens! So yesterday after training Doi Shimai and I went to go pick up ice cream and a new pen, we see an ice cream we had never tried before, so I decide to buy it. It said mango and chesnut, I thought it was weird, so why not, right? We go home to eat it, I open it and smell it..hhmmm Doi Shimai this smells weird. Lick the top..hmm this tastes weird. Read the ingredients, well no coffee, no liquor, no rum. Ok....here you try it Doi Shimai..she takes a bite, looks down and reads ALCOHOL .2%!! she screams and yells "I WANTED TO GO MY WHOLE LIFE!!! WHAT DID YOU DO?!" hahahaha it was funny. Don't worry, we repented. 
But it has been a good week, contacted almost 300 people just trying to find people to teach. Found 2 new investigators since being in Fujisaki, just talking to as many people as we can and trying not to get lost. We got lost in the rain the other day, we had been biking for 2 hours, decided to ask somebody, so we went into a store (which ended up being a liquor store...idk what was up with this week..) and the guy showed us where we were on our map...2 minutes away from our apartment. WHAT?! But we had been biking for so long! But at least we knew how to get home! But it was a fun week! Nothing cool for Halloween, we bought masks at the dollar store, and put them on as we made dinner with our two roommates. Ate at an Indian Curry place in Fukuoka for my year mark...and talked to a lot of people. Well I love you and hope you all
have a marvelous week!!
xoxo

Messer Shimai

Halloween masks at the Dollar Store

Do not eat this!  Alcohol ice cream!

Fukuoka Tower lit up for Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment