Monday, July 7, 2014

Supposed to have a TYPHOON this Wednesday!

July 6, 2014
It has been a fun week this week in Kurume! It is crazy it's already P-day. Wasn't is just Monday yesterday? It is starting to be really rainy!! Supposed to have a TYPHOON this Wednesday. So pray for us! The rainy season is supposed to be over with...but it seems to just be starting! uh-oh! It's fun. We look cute with our white helmets OVER our bright blue rain suits. Yes, me and Johnson Shimai have the SAME rain suit, we bought them in our last areas. So I think people think we are weirdos but that is fine!
We have had a good week this week! We were able to meet with an investigator, Athena who is way cool. She is from North Carolina, and is a member referral. Member referrals are the best. Go refer all of your friends! Anyway, it is so fun to be able to teach somebody with a Christian background!!
I don't have much time this week, but I want to tell you that I am embracing the culture more. There are a few reasons how I realized. 
1. I already had my rain shoes on, and was about to leave the house when I realized I wanted my waterproof watch, so I yelled "DONT LOOK!" and ran in the house WITH MY SHOES ON. It was weird. Oh it was so weird. I never thought walking in a house with shoes on would be weird. But it made me feel like a dirty person.
2. we were eating at a members house last night and I was sitting in seiza (like on my shins....uhmm how japanese people sit) and she told us to collapse, so we did and I went to sit in criss-cross. I did for a while, but it started to HURT. WHAT? All i wanted to do was sit in seiza! Since when does sitting criss-cross hurt? I was shocked. So I just went back to sitting on my shins. 
3. Since we teach Athena in English, the prayers are in English. I haven't said a prayer in English for like 8 months now!! It was super awkward and I got to the end, and couldn't remember how to end it! In Japanese the order is: Jesus Christ's name, through, I pray, amen. SO i go to say, Jesus Christ....oh wait uhmmm In the name...... it was awkward. 
Well I hope you all have a great week! Keep being so cool and awesome! I LOVE YOU!! Pray I don't die in these typhoons!
Ai shite imasu!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment