Thursday, March 20, 2014

Earthquake in Japan!

Monday, March 17, 2014
Happy Monday! 

Flake Shimai's 21st

St. Patrick's Day smoothies

Another week in Fukuoka has come and gone, and so much has happened! First order of business (can you tell I go to a lot of meetings?) is the earthquake! Everybody has been asking me about it! So, I did not feel anything! Our phone has an alarm that goes off if there is ever an earthquake that happens nearby just to warn people of the aftershock. So our phone alarm went off at 2:09, we were all so confused because we were in such deep sleep, Sister Flake asks, "what is that?!" and Sister Lyles replies with just a "there's an earthquake" like no big deal. I like sat right up and was like "yes!! I am in Japan! EARTHQUAKE! I have been waiting for this!" (I am not sure why I got excited about it, give me a break, it was 2 in the morning.) and I think since I was so tired I could "feel" a little movement and I looked up and the lamp was "moving" But now that I think of it, I think i was just tired and had a little headache from waking up from such a loud alarm. There was no aftershock, we didnt feel anything. Well 2 a.m. Sister Messer felt something,but we dont rely on her. 
This was a great week! We got a reactivation! Remember that lady we met on the street a couple weeks ago while biking? Well she has been coming to church with her little girl, so she is technically reactivated! We are still going to love her, and keep in contact with her though! She is great! Unfortunately, Tamada Shimai, the one that came to church last week that we helped move couldnt come to church. Her daughter had a fever, so she had to take care of her! But she is so golden, we love her so much! 
It was Flake Shimais birthday this week so we had a week of celebrations! We went to church, we had some meetings, then went streeting and housing after church, and then studies! Quiet the celebration! hahah but we did decorate the room and she opened presents and we had lemon pie! 
This week we thought it would be a great idea to throw a "GIRLS NIGHT" For all of our, and the other shimai we live with, less actives, and ward members, and investigators that are single! We invited a lot of people, and ONE person showed up! hahahahah we played a get to know you question game, and then we were planning on watching the Testaments, but she had to go home early. #awkward So us four sisters cleaned up, and took the snacks home to eat on a rainy day! Next time, we will make sure to remind everyone to come! hahaha
The weather is getting so nice! This week I rode my bike WITHOUT A JACKET!! And today I am not wearing tights!! It is so weird, but it feels so good! We are taking advantage of it and taking "roommate pictures" today because all four of us have lived together for as long as a college semester!! We eat meals together, study together, sleep in the same room, share the same clothes room, EVERYTHING! 
Mom, you asked what we ate for meals. For breakfast I eat cornflakes and a banana. Japan ONLY sells cornflakes and chocolate covered cornflakes. Its their only cereal. and they have one brand of granola, but it is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. For lunch and dinner we usually have stir fry, or some tofu with sauce and rice (mabodofu), or make suchi rolls, or spaghetti sometimes. A lot of curry, lots and lots of curry, and rice with EVERYTHING. Rice, onions, carrots, potatoes and chicken is our main food supply! HELLO RICE CHEEKS! I am thinking when I have a baby in the far, far future, I will only feed them rice as a child because Japanese baby's cheeks are the cutest things I have ever seen! Rice cheeks are not so much cute on sister missionaries. But we shine with the light of Christ, right? So that makes up for it? That's what we hope for. 
Love you all!! Thank you for all of the prayers!! Ai shite imasu!!


Messer Shimai
Conveyor Belt restaurant-You choose your food as it rolls by...and
you pay for how many plates you get.
Part of our district

No comments:

Post a Comment