Monday, March 10, 2014

"Do I have to learn these lessons to come to your church?"

Hello!
This week was great, we are excited that it is P-day though because it has been quiet the exhausting week! We were able to see two investigators and a less active come to church yesterday!! Mom you asked about our investigators, we have an interesting situation with investigators. So one of them we met on the street and she has come to church FIVE TIMES NOW!! But she doesn't want to meet with us, or learn the lessons hahahah. We sat down with her last week to teach a lesson, and explain our purpose as missionaries, and she asked, "Do I have to learn these lessons to come to your church?" and we were like well, technically no....and she said, Ok! I will come to church everyday, and read the Book of Mormon, and call you if I have questions!! So we try to sneaky teach her little principles when we talk to her! hahah Our other investigators, the AP's found, and are turning her over to us since they go home in a couple of weeks. She is super happy old lady, that is so hyper and genki! Then we meet with other people that aremormon.org and stuff so they wont shut us down as soon as we bring up religion (a lot of people like to talk to us just for our English, so we have to make sure they know why we are here) 
Beating futon in their back yard


View of Fukuoka from the Fukuoka Tower
With Sister Tamada in front of church
Messer, Tamada & Flake Shimais


potential investigators where we just talk and get to know them and leave them with little commitments like go to
Tamada Shimai came to church yesterday!! She hasnt gone for 20, when she lived in utah!! it was so great, she is the coolest thing! I will send you a picture! She is so funny, and she stayed for all three hours and was even able to come to the relief society activity this week!! She is so golden! 
Mom, you asked if when we teach if we sit in chairs. Most of the times we teach in the church, so we do have chairs. But if we go to someones house, to eat dinner or to teach, we always sit on the ground on the tatami mats around a little table. it is so japanese-y sometimes I feel like my knee caps are going to explode. But it "hurts so good?" (not really) Ya, there are rice paper things on the windows I guess? I dont really know, we have in my apartment, I thought they were just for decoration, but who knows. All of the windows here are those foggy ones you cant see out of. It drives me insane. Windows are one of my favorite things in this world, and I can never see out of them!!!! Ya, I havent seen carpet in japan yet, but a lot of people have super comfy rugs for when you kneel around the table. I hope that answers some of your questions? Keep asking them, I forget when is weird in America!! hahahaha
But yes, this week was so great! We were able to go out and eat at a restaurant with one of our less actives. While we were eating with her, President and Sister Gustafson showed up!!!!! It was so funny, and a little scary!! We were just glad we were being good missionaries, and werent just eating out for the fun of it! We were like the only ones in the whole restaurant, so we sat by each other and would sometimes talk to each other, but then we would have our own conversations. A little awkward, but so great that we were able to see them!! 
So I was thinking there are somethings that I have not been able to yet find in Japan. I was trying to think of a list and so far I have not been able to find chocolate chips, cheese, muffin tins, and very good tooth paste and mouth wash. They have it obviously, but it is NASTY NASTY!! Oh and granola bars, they have them but they are expensive and nothing like American ones. But ya, I will keep you updated on the list!!
Thank you for all of the love and support!! I love and miss you all!! Have a great week!!!!
Ai shite imasu!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment