Saturday, May 16, 2015

I ate pigs feet and got hit by a car

PIG'S FEET!
MAY 10, 2015

First of all, let's start off with the two bad things that happened this week: I ate pigs feet, which is a delicacy in Okinawa. (I paid my district leader $5 to eat it, so he did) and I got hit by a car. BUT no worries, they just nicked the back of my basket, I didn't' even fall off or anything, so it just sounded bad. Oh, and Rea chan didn't get baptized because her grandma couldn't get the car, but she passed her interview and will be on the 17. 
Chantelle is doing AMAZING and we love her so much! She is so prepared and is on schedule for the 30! I am so sad I won't be able to see it, but one thing I have learned on my mission is that this work isn't about me, or the missionaries, it is all the Lord's work!! So it is ok that I won't see her baptism, I am just glad I was able to meet her and teach her a little, and see her progressing and growing! 
WE SET A DATE WITH KELYN!! Let me tell you how this went down. "So Kelyn, we have been thinking about baptism, and wondered if you still would like to be baptized?" 
YES. Yes I do. 
"Ok, so to set a goal and prepare for baptism, we would like to set a date, we know this is a personal thing but we prayed about it and thought of two dates, we were thinking either May 30 or June 6 (but she just told us she was leaving the 5 for America), so how does May 30 or 23 sound?"
 I have been waiting for you to ask me.
 *what did she just say?*
I have been wanting you to ask me so that I know that you think I am prepared. Yes, I would be baptized! 
and so we set my last day in Okinawa! WHAT A CRAZY MIRACLE, right?! 
We love her so much! She is Brazilian, and so amazing! We even skyped her husband who is stationed in America. She is definitely one of the reasons I am in Okinawa, and extended my mission. 
I also went on exchanges in Futenma with Sister Clements. It was SO FUN to go out with two of our sisters and see what Futenma is like! I am so lucky to be a STL in Okinawa! It is crazy how attached I get to my girls!
A ward member posted this on Messer Shimai's face book page for a Mother's Day mom surprise
It was amazing seeing you today, family! I love you and miss you and hope you have a great week! There is supposed to be a typhoon tomorrow, so we will see! I am EXCITED! LOVE YOU!!
xoxo
Messer Shimai






No comments:

Post a Comment