Sunday, August 10, 2014

I GOT ANOTHER NEW COMPANION!

August 3, 2014

How are my favorite people? 
Well the biggest news of the week:

I GOT ANOTHER NEW COMPANION! That makes out of six transfers I have had five companions! Me and Johnson Shimai were so sure we were staying, she had only been here for one transfer and only has 2 transfers left of her mission! I think it's safe to say, I was her favorite companion ;) we were at a shrine when we got the call. It was a sad day. So my new companion is Hirata Shimai. She is a Fukuoka bean too! So it is fun talking about the same ward members, less active members, investigators we worked with in Fukuoka! Which means...her trainer was Ito Shimai, my BREAKER (the next companion after your trainer) So I am now Hirata Shimai's breaker! And we live with Williams Shimai who also had Ito Shimai as a breaker. It's a weird love rectangle thing we have here. But Hirata Shimai si great! She about the size of an 8 year old American. She is 21 years old, on her 3 transfer, and speaks no English! It has made these last couple of days so fun! I speak all in Japanese, she kind of stares at me, I word vomit out some Japanese, she stares of in the distance, and puts it all together and then replies with really simple Japanese. It is a lot of fun. We laugh a lot! She is fun! She just said "watashi no kokoro wa buraku desu" (My heart is black) so, she obviously knows some english, because buraku is how Japanese people say "black" in English. Thats usually how our conversations go.
This week we went and ate out with our English Conversation class! most of them are over 60, and all pretty much fluent. We ate at the same restaurant our president and his wife took us to our first night in Japan, so it was pretty fancy and they even paid for it! It was so fun! We got to talk a lot about the word of wisdom, hahah so that was fun! 
Yesterday we were able to go eat dinner at a members house with Nicholas, the guy who rolls his cigarettes using the pages from the Book of Mormon. Well, the ward members recognized him because his son is the same age as their son. Turns out he has been arrested a couple of times for criminal obscenity. Gosh Nicholas, all I wanted to do was save your soul, but you are making this so difficult! hahah so we will probably drop him......
There are a lot of festivals and parades going on this week, today there is a big parade and little stand lining the roads, and tomorrow is the biggest firework show in all of Southern Japan, right in our BACKYARD!! We have prime housing! we are excited! Fun time to be in Japan!! 
I love you all! have a great week! You are the best! 
Love,

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment