Tuesday, April 15, 2014

my missionary shoe tan line is coming along nicely

April 6, 2014
Hello! 
Well it is warming up here in Fukuoka! The cherry blossoms are turning into leaves, my tights have been put away into my dresser, and my missionary shoe tan line is coming along nicely. It still isn't super humid. So I am thanking my lucky stars for that!
This week was SO GOOD! I think it was so good because it really ended with a bang with General Conference! I was able to watch it with the other American (and one Australian) missionaries in another room in English, so that was good! The talks were amazing and I am so sad that we have to wait another six months to hear them again! It was like a little slice of home all the way here in Fukuoka! 
a ward member went and got TONS AND TONS 
of fresh seaweed. He gave us a lot...it was so ...yummy.
We were able to teach our investigator, Ueha San. Ueha san and her husband own a barber shop that is attached to their house, pretty much on the campus of Fukuoka University, so it is fun to go a little early and find around the college. We are trying to focus on the young people as a mission, but not very many of them have time or interest in religion. But it's ok, because there are some out there, and they are the ones we are looking for! Anyway, we were planning to extend a baptismal date to Ueha san, but the spirit wasn't really there in the lesson, so we didn't end up extending it. But we are praying we can see a baptismal date before April 20. That's the missions goal for this transfer. Date by April 20, and baptism by May 11!! We hope and pray to see a miracle! 
This week we went out and ate lunch with a member from the Philippines. There are a couple of Filipino sisters in our ward, so we all got together to celebrate Elizabeth Shimai's birthday. It was so fun! The Nakagawa shimai came, and so it was a big party at this little Italian restaurant. Let me tell you, Filipino's are so fun! They all speak Tagalog, English, and Japanese. So it is kind of a mix of all three. I thought I didn't know much Japanese, but when they started speaking Tagalog, I realized how much more Japanese I know. Does that make sense? hahahah I couldn't understand a word of Tagalog, but at least I could understand when they 
were speaking Japanese! One thing I have noticed being companions with Ito Shimia is that my understanding has increased! I can understand more Japanese, but I just can't form the sentences to reply. But that is how Ito Shimai is with English, so it is usually a she speaks in japanese-I speak in English kind of situation. But if I can say it in Japanese, I try! I just need to try and then I think I will be able to see more progress!
Elders in my district
Fukuoka is so great!! I love serving here and I love serving the people! We have been street contacting A LOT! Over 200 people last week! The work is good. The work is hastening, and I am trying my hardest!

Thank you for the emails and the love and support! I love you all so much! I hope you all ate an extra funnel cake for me at the fair this week! Love you!
Messer Shimai 

No comments:

Post a Comment