Monday, February 24, 2014

"Messer Shimai, what do YOU think?"

February 23, 2013

Hello all! Boy has it been a busy week here in Fukuoka! And we have seen many blessing because of it! It first started last P-Day when we were shopping for groceries, and a man came up to us and asked us what we were doing in Japan, he was so curious about everything we taught him, we gave him a Book of Mormon and have been calling him to set up an appointment. However, work in Japan is crazy and he only has free times on Sunday nights after 7, so we have not been able to meet with him yet, but he is super nice and seems pretty interested. 
On Tuesday we were able to contact TWO former investigators who were in our area book who actually want to meet with us! What? That never happens! Then on Wednesday we went and visited a potential investigator. She asked us what we did in our church when we were ever jealous or envious or someone else. Flake Shimai replied, and then she looked right at me and said

With the dancing mothers

Cute Japanese dancing children
Fukuoka castle ruins

Impromptu pday lessons-had to borrow other missionaries' skirts.  Didn't blend well with work out clothes!

Happy birthday, Mom!  Big hair bow reminds me of childhood.  A dollar store bargain!
"Messer Shimai, what do YOU think?" So I told here about freshman year when I tried out for the dance team and pulled my groin at tryouts, and then I made JV instead of Varsity, and I was jealous of all of my friend who had made varsity. But because I was on the JV team I was able to spend more time with Grandma Nelda when she lived with us before she died. I had never even thought about that, until it came out of my mouth!! Anyways, it was a super cool experience and she even started crying during my personal experience! It was so cool to see the spirit work THROUGH me! We dont get to teach very many lessons, so I soaked that right up! She was crying, and then told us why she had asked that question is because she wants to be living in America right now, but another guy got the job instead of her husband, so she was jealous. I told her there was a reason she needs to be here right now instead of America and she was crying, and then she said "you girls are just so sincere! thank you!" it was aweomse because Flake Shimai had met with her before, but she never wanted anything to do with the church, so we are hoping that opened her heart a little!
On Friday I got to TEACH A DANCE!! It was so fun! We found a peppy Primary sound that had been put to some techno music that the Elders in the mission home gave us, so we made up like a pommy-jazz dance and taught it to some young moms in the ward! it was so fun, they were just laughing the whole time and they learned the WHOLE thing in 45 minutes! I will see if I can send the video, it is so funny! The dance moves are a little ridiculous and little-kiddish but I knew we wouldn't have time to teach it if it were hard, hahah it was so fun!! 
Yesterday we had THREE investigators at church! What a miracle!! Except two of them are leaving for NAPAL on Friday and wont be back until NEXT transfer! Hopefully I can stay another transfer and teach them! That would be awesome! We finally got to teach  a lady who has gone to church three times, but always just says, "I am busy this whole week, but I will come to church next week!" She is 78, but we thought she was like 55. It is so hard to judge peoples ages here! hahaha. oh gosh! Last night when we were streeting, I approached a lady and introduced ourselves, she giggled a little (which is a norm) so I asked if she had met missionaries, she said she was baptized into our church when she was 8 and that she read the BoM and the D&C! I am not sure how we keep finding these less actives on the streets, but we do! We love them! I need to try and send some pictures now before the time runs out!! I love you and miss you! Thank you for your love and support!!

Messer Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment